You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy bacon. And let’s be honest, it’s practically the same thing. Get the recipe for our ultimate bacon sandwich below…
It seems like every bacon recipe these days claims to be “the best.” The best bacon-wrapped hot dog, the best BLT, and the best bacon-flavored chocolate bar (yes, this actually exists). But this cheesy bacon sandwich recipe seriously blows away the competition.
Our chefs combined cheddar, bacon, hot sauce, and honey for a creamy yet crispy and spicy yet sweet masterpiece. No wonder the average American consumes nearly 18 pounds of bacon every year — this is the real deal.
Get your napkins ready, folks. You’re going to need them.
- 2 Slices Brown Crusty Bread
- Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Hot Sauce
- Toast 2 slices of bread until they’re dark brown.
- Fry that bacon to crispy perfection.
- Place as much cheese as your dairy-loving heart desires on top of the bacon. Heat until it’s only slightly melted.
- Meanwhile, slather butter onto your toasted bread.
- Layer on the bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Drizzle hot sauce and honey before topping with diced tomatoes.
- Add the top slice of bread and press down slightly until the cheese starts to oooooooze out.
- DIG IN!
However much we love this sandwich (and we really, really do), it’s only half the magic and will taste infinitely better when served alongside warm tomato soup.