I love pasta recipes as they are quick and easy to prepare. Having a good sized family and being limited on time, it’s always good to have some quick fix recipes that can be put on the table in under a half hour. Growing up, one of my favorite dishes that mom made was her Chicken Florentine with pasta. The great thing is that this recipe is fast to make, lightweight and super tasty.
Here Is My Favorite Chicken Florentine Pasta Recipe:
- 1 box – Penne noodles
- 4 – boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Salt shaker
- Ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. – butter
- 2 Tbsp. – olive oil
- 5 – cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 – small onion, diced
- 3/4c. – white wine
- 3/4c. – vegetable broth
- 1 bag – baby spinach, chopped
- 6 oz. – shredded Parmesan cheese; 4 oz for mixture, 2oz to sprinkle
- 2c. – grape tomatoes that are halved
- Boil water and cook Penne noodles until they are “al dente”, drain the noodles in a strainer and set aside.
- Lightly season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat the butter and olive oil together on high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and allow the chicken to brown on one side. Once the chicken is browned on one side flip it over and brown the other side. Cook until it is fully cooked,and then remove the chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add the diced onions and garlic, quickly stir to avoid burning. After about a minute, pour in the broth and wine to the skillet. Stir continuously to deglaze the skillet. Let the liquid bubble up, and reduce to about half of what it was.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and turn off the burner. To the mixture add spinach, tomatoes, chicken, cooked pasta and shredded Parmesan. Cover with lid and allow spinach to wilt and Parmesan to melt a little bit. Toss the mixture together and serve on a plate. Sprinkle the extra Parmesan on and enjoy!