Compared to other sandwiches the BLT is very special. There is something about its combination, crispy bacon, lettuce and fresh tomato on toast with mayonnaise that other sandwiches can’t stand a chance against. The sandwich may be simple to prepare, but the flavor profile is quite complex and completely fulfilling, offering salt and crunch together with refreshing sweetness. Just a bite will hit all the right notes, and will never have enough.
There are different ways of preparing a great BLT. Apart from all variations people make on the classic sandwich like adding avocados, you can also get that BLT fix with salads, pizzas and even tostadas. Because BLT’s are so simple, they are also very easy to modify into many scrumptious variations. If you are ready to fire up that griddle and prepare a mouthwatering BLT, check the steps below and have fun!
- 1/2 lb bacon (approximately 12 slices)
- -eight slices of white bread
- -eight leaves iceberg lettuce
- -eight slices of tomatoes
- -eight tablespoons mayonnaise
- -Cook the bacon until crispy, and then drain it using paper towels.
- -Toast your slices of bread.
- -Spread a tablespoon of mayo on both slices of the toasted bread.
- -Add a slice of your lettuce to four pieces of the toast spreaded with mayo.
- -Add two slices of the tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- -Arrange three slices of bacon on top of the tomato.
- -Add one slice of the lettuce on top of the bacon.
- -Put the remaining four pieces of toast to finish your sandwiches.
- Enjoy your sandwich !
- Don’t overload with mayonnaise as this will remove the tomato, lettuce and bacon flavor from your sandwich, making it useless to put anything else on the bread.If desired add some vinegar to the lettuce, this will give it great flavor.If making the sandwiches in advance, don’t overload on mayo, because this will just make your bread soggy.