You probably know by now that we love avocados. In fact, you’ve seen us use them in everything from salads, to smoothies, to salsas, and even a pasta sauce! But our chefs simply couldn’t stop there. We had make a dessert that nobody could resist. The best part? Not only is this Chocolate Pudding deliciously irresistible, it’a Vegan too! Avocados’ creamy texture paired with smooth cashew butter and frozen bananas are a match made in pudding heaven. A sprinkle of cinnamon and dash of vanilla makes this perfect for the holiday season. And we promise your guests won’t notice it’s vegan until you tell them. We were doubtful before we tasted it, but afterwards there was a clear consensus that we’d take this over the ‘real’ thing any day.
So, we have to add that although this pudding classifies as a dessert, it’s actually pretty darn healthy! Omega-3’s? Check! Protein? Check! Potassium? Check! Anti-oxidants? Check! Let’s just say you can go ahead and serve yourself seconds ?
So, skip the ready-made pudding at the grocery store, and resist the heavy-cream in the classic version. Try out our Vegan Chocolate Pudding recipe and see for yourself how easy it is to enjoy a healthy dessert (or snack….or breakfast…)!
- 3 medium bananas, peeled, chopped and frozen for at least 2 hours beforehand
- ½ medium ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 4 tbsp cashew or almond butter
- 4 – 5 tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt or fine sea salt
- A chopped banana and cashew nuts, to garnish
- Add the chopped frozen bananas to your food processor and blend until the bananas have broken down and you have a crumbly-looking texture
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you have a smooth consistency
- Do a quick taste test and blend in more cacao powder if needed
- Portion into ramekins and top with the chopped banana and cashew nuts
- Eat immediately, or chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours