Poha Dhokla ,
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Poha-Dhokla-39002r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Feel like having dhoklas for breakfast? You can whip them up instantly by using beaten rice, which requires no soaking or fermenting. These dhoklas also make a good tiffin option since they do not need reheating. Green chutney balances the not-so-spicy dhoklas.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 15 pieces.
½ cup coarsely crushed thick beaten rice (jada poha)
½ cup semolina (rava/sooji)
1 cup curds (dahi)
1 tsp green chilli paste
Salt to taste
1 tsp fruit salt
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds (rai / sarson)
A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
For the garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Combine the curds and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Add the semolina, beaten rice, green chilli paste and salt, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
4. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
6. Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
7. Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
8. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds and pour this tempering over the dhoklas.
9. Cool slightly, cut into diamond shaped equal sized pieces and garnish with coriander.
How to pack
Cool slightly, wrap in an aluminum foil and pack in a tiffin box.