A fresh twist on a classic tomato salad, add avocado and a balsamic vinaigrette for a lovely garden balsamic avocado salad!
A few summers ago we were at my parent’s house in Idaho gathering up as much of their garden to bring home as possible. I mean, their garden is lush and ginormous so they weren’t going to miss anything. While Cade and I were out picking raspberries with the girls Mom was inside tossing together this garden balsamic avocado salad.
I say this over and over again but it’s something Cade and I fully believe in, simple, fresh ingredients are all you need. Nothing fancy, just bright flavors that can carry themselves.
Mom just chops up some peppers, slices grape tomatoes and of course a creamy avocado and tosses all of it with a simple mixture of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and salt. That’s it you guys!
You don’t even have to let it marinate or anything. Just toss and serve! I love the simple flavors of summer!
Garden Balsamic Avocado Salad
- 2 Cups Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Cup Mini Sweet Peppers, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl or platter, add all of the veggies and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and garlic. Toss with the veggies and chill for 10-15 minutes. Gently toss again and serve.