We’re here to tell you that these Egg Frittata Breakfast Muffins are the most wonderful gift to your mornings. How gorgeous is it to grab one of these on your way out the door?
Eggs are one wonderful little food. They contain a good source of protein while also providing healthy fats, selenium, vitamin D, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc, iron, and copper. This Egg Frittata Breakfast Muffin recipe adds even more vital nutrients with delicious tomatoes, spinach, and garlic. We love eggs for even more reasons than just their nutrition content. They are also super affordable and last up to four to five weeks in the refrigerator!
Meal prepping can be one of the biggest tools for success in weight loss or even general healthy living goals. We like to make these on Sunday and have them ready in the refrigerator for the week. Egg muffins make a great post-workout meal as well. Grab them before work, after the gym, or in a hurry on that morning commute. All you need to do is heat them and enjoy!
Let’s get to cooking! Begin by preheating the oven to 350F. Then add all of the ingredients minus the grape tomatoes to a bowl, whisk together, and pour the egg mixture evenly into a lightly greased muffin pan until it reaches the top. We used a 12 cup muffin pan, and used 9 of the cups for batter. Top each muffin cup with 1 halved grape tomato (this step makes the muffins so pretty and colorful!) Bake for 20 minutes. Once done, allow to cool and enjoy!
Feel free to add in whatever yummy veggies you have on hand. Who thinks these Egg Frittata Breakfast Muffins will make healthy eating in the AM that much easier? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Egg Frittata Breakfast Muffins, Yields 3-4 servings
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated potatoes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup raw spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Optional: 9 grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Add all of the ingredients minus the grape tomatoes to a bowl
- Whisk together and pour the egg mixture evenly into a lightly greased muffin pan until it reaches the top. We used a 12 cup muffin pan, and used 9 of the cups for batter
- Top each muffin cup with the 1 halved grape tomato
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!