The secret to the very best zucchini bread that is moist and has perfect texture is to add a little banana. Chocolate chip banana zucchini bread for the win!
Did you ever play school when you were growing up? I totally did and I was pretty darn sure I was going to grow up to be a teacher. I didn’t. But I did grow up to be a banana bread lover. Not sure what that has to do with being a teacher, but it’s the truth. And now I shall tell you about this chocolate chip banana zucchini bread.
Zucchini bread on the other hand, gross. I did not like the texture as a kid at all. I refused to eat it which must have been so much fun for my parents. And then I slowly forgot about it until I became a food blogger. If there’s one thing pinterest doesn’t need more of it’s quick bread recipes, so obviously I chose to give you all one.
Not true? Well, either way I decided it was high time I tried this whole zucchini bread thing again and guess what, I was a total chicken about it. I mean, I couldn’t just jump in right? I’m a toe dipper in the pool for heaven’s sake! I needed a slow start so what better thing to try than a chocolate chip banana zucchini bread. And guess what? It’s so blasted delicious I’m going to try a zucchini bread tomorrow. All by myself. If I hate it I’ll give it away to the neighbors, ha!
Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
To see exactly how to make this recipe just hit play!
I think the big win came because the zucchini was grated so fine and oil was used instead of butter. I know! Don’t get crazy on me. I love butter more than anyone but oil really does make a better quick bread. It just does.
I’m totally interested in trying this zucchini breakfast cookies recipe as well. Let me know if you did!
- 1½ Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Canola Oil
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, slightly beaten
- 1 Cup Banana, mashed (not pureed), about 2 large bananas
- 1 Cup Zucchini, finely grated, about 1 zucchini
- 1½ Cups Chocolate Chips of Choice
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan (not a large pan)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, add the canola oil and sugar. Add the egg and mix again. Dump in the zucchini and mix on medium speed until everything is evenly combined.
- Starting and ending with the flour, add a little flour while the mixer is running on low. Next add a little mashed banana and continue to alternate until the last of the flour is added. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased bread pan. Lighter pans provide better results than the dark pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, tenting with foil the last 15 minutes to avoid too much browning. Allow to cool before slicing then serve warmed up with a little butter.
It’s totally a pumpkin bread but the addition of banana makes it perfectly moist!
The addition of cinnamon chips is amazing!