St. Patrick’s Day is over, but HelloFresh is still GREEN! We’re wrapping up the holiday this weekend by sharing a delicious and healthy smoothie recipe that is – you guess it – GREEN. What gives it that beautiful HelloFresh hue? The star ingredient – rich and yummy avocado.
If you’ve been a HelloFresh customer for a while, you know we love using avocados in our recipes. They’re so healthy! One avocado can supply almost 100% of your daily recommended intake of fiber. They’re loaded with healthy monounsaturated and saturated fats,and they pack 35% more potassium than bananas. They are rich in vitamin K, and are good dietary sources of vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Now that we’re adding them to a smoothie, they’re more delicious and accessible than ever!
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 6 Tbsp Coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup Avocado, mashed
- 1/4 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Small banana, frozen and roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Kale, firmly packed
- Coconut flakes, for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Roast the cashews in the oven at 350 degrees until golden brown. Allow to cool and then cover them in water in a medium bowl. Refrigerate over night.
- Drain the water and put in a food processor. Add the coconut milk and blend until creamy.
- Add all the rest of your ingredients (except pomegranate seeds and coconut flakes)
- Add to a bowl and sprinkle on pomegranate, some cashes, and some coconut flakes.