Watch this exciting recipe of “Aloo Bonda”, a deep fried snack made with gram flour, stuffed with spicy mashed potatoes.
Learn more of such exciting recipes by Subscribing to Cinecurry Lifestyle
• 3 medium potatoes boiled peeled and roughly chopped (this will make 2 cups of chopped potatoes)
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds (rai)
• 7-10 curry leaves chopped, optional
• 1 tsp Asafetida
• 1 small bowl of Bengal gram dal
• 2 tsp fenugreek seeds
• 1 tbsp garlic paste
• 1 tbsp ginger paste
• 1 small bowl of gram flour
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
• 4 green chillies
• Salt to taste
• Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat moderately.
• Add mustard seeds as the seeds crack. Add ½ tsp Asafetida and few curry leaves, (curry leaves splatters)
• Add Bengal gram dal and few fenugreek seed and cook it for a minute
• Now add ½ spoon ginger paste and ½ tsp of garlic paste
• Add water and mix it well.
• Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt as per your taste
• Cook it for one minute
• Add 2 fine chopped green chilles
• Add cubes potatoes in the pan and mash them with the help of spoon
• Cook the mixture for approx 2 minutes
• Take out the mixture in bowl
• Take one tbsp of gram flour in bowl
• Add pinch of salt,
• Add water mix it well to form a batter
• Dip the potato balls into the batter one at a time, making sure the potato balls are completely covered with batter. Then, slowly drop them into the frying pan.