Master Your Lunchbox Game
It’s back to school time and Del Monte Fresh Produce is helping you master your lunchbox game with 5 easy lunch box recipes.
Each school lunch idea below was originally posted on the Del Monte Fresh Produce Facebook Page.
Banana Waffle Sandwich
There’s a simple rule that everything gets better when you put it between waffles. Your kids will love this breakfast-as-lunch sandwich!
1 Del Monte Fresh banana
1 Del Monte Fresh nectarine
2 frozen waffles
1. Toast the waffles in a toaster
2. Spread peanut butter on the waffles
3. Add Del Monte Fresh banana and nectarine and create sandwich
Sides: Del Monte Fresh grapes Del Monte Fresh Cut mangoes
Beefy Cracker Stacker
Healthy Cracker Stacker:
2 slices Del Monte Fresh tomato
2 oz. lower-sodium roast beef
1/2-oz. slice white cheddar
2 Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple and Del Monte Fresh cherry skewers
Sliced Del Monte Fresh cucumber
Fresh Chicken Pineapple Salad
Try this recipe packed with protein and fiber to get your kids through the day.
2 oz. grilled or rotisserie-style chicken
1/4 cup chopped Del Monte Fresh tomatoes
2 chopped slices of Del Monte Gold Extra Sweet Pineapple Sides: 1 Sliced Del Monte Fresh apple 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
Quesadilla + Del Monte Fresh Guac = Guac-adillas! This lunch will make you a guac-star parent.
1 flour tortilla
¼ cup grated cheese
1 teaspoon butter
Del Monte Fresh Guac
1. Spread guacamole on 1 half of the tortilla and then sprinkle with shredded cheese
2. Warm a skillet over low heat and add 1 teaspoon of the butter. Place the tortilla in the skillet and cook until it is lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
3. Fold the tortilla over and cook until the cheese is melted
Sides: Del Monte Fresh cherries Hard-boiled egg
Avocado Shrimp Skewers
Here’s a perfect lunch for your little “shrimps” This is a great way to get picky eaters to try seafood.
1. Take 4-inch wooden skewers
2. Thread 1 cooked shrimp, a Del Monte Fresh cucumber cube, tomato cube and avocado cube onto each skewer.
3. Dip in teriyaki or pineapple sauce
Sides: Whole grain crackers
Del Monte Fresh nectarine slices
This one’s good for pinning on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing
The post 5 Easy Back to School Lunch Box Recipes from Del Monte appeared first on EasyLunchboxes.